Interested in interning at BVG?
Check out the promo video below
As an intern at Big Valley Grace Community Church, you will experience the inner workings of a dynamic ministry. You will build a skillset to serve you well in any career and at any size church as you move toward your call to church leadership. At our School of Ministry, you will experience:
- A program where you will be cared for spiritually and challenged to grow in your personal walk with Christ
- A program where you will be mentored by our pastors and church elders
- A learning environment tailored to God’s call for you
- A program with a wide variety of ministry and outreach opportunities
- A program that offers practical experience and a chance to build your resume as you work with church pastors, elders and members in your area of interest
In addition to hands-on experience we will also be going through some classes that integrate what you’re learning with what you’re doing. We will have weekly classes on preaching, leadership and theology. You will also get to hear practical ministry advice from the experience of pastors and elders who share with us. Each week will also highlight a core value of our church and give you an opportunity to engage with that practice.
Big Valley Grace is located in Modesto, in the heart of California’s Central Valley. During this program you will have the opportunity to visit other local ministries in our area to broaden your perspective and experience. We will also organize some trips for interns who want to see the beautiful beaches on the California coastline and head over to the breathtaking Yosemite Valley. Whether on a trip, serving at the church or spending time in the Word, this summer holds the promise of a great adventure. We hope you will join us!
An internship with Big Valley Grace School of Ministry will stretch and grow you in new ways. We will push you outside your comfort zone and encourage you to listen to what God is calling you to do with your life. All of our interns are given the opportunity to grow in both knowledge and skill in their chosen focus of ministry. Ministry opportunities include:
- Teaching in both large and small venues
- Creating and leading large group activites
- Leading small groups
- Working as part of a team
- Mentoring students and children
- Planning weekend services
- Leading worship in one of our main gatherings
- Planning and leading mission trips
- Learning to lead ministry with purpose
Each of out interns will receive general ministry training, as well as individual mentoring within their focus of ministry.
Focus of Ministry
Every student in the school of ministry has a focus of ministry where they spend their afternoons working in a specific department. Some of the ministry possibilities include:
- Kids Ministry
- Junior High
- High School
- Young Adults
- Recovery & Counseling
- And more!
On your application you will apply with a specific focus in mind.
- When can I apply?
- Today! You can apply anytime before January.
- When will I know if I’m accepted?
- We will schedule a phone interview and get back to you within a few weeks of receiving your application.
- How much does it cost?
- This program is free. We recommend saving up money to cover your travel expenses.
- Will I be paid?
- Yes, this is a paid internship.
- Where will I stay?
- We will place you with a host family from our church for the duration of your stay.
- What are the dates?
- June 3rd – August 11th
- We can also work with your schedule for your arrival and leave dates.
- How much time is required?
- This internship is 40 hours per week for 10 weeks.