FACILITIES MAINTENANCE/SET UP
32 hours per week (includes some evenings and weekends)
Big Valley Grace is a Christ-centered church that worships every weekend in multigenerational gatherings, connects in authentic community, grows in obedience to God’s Word, serves others with our God-given talents, and reaches our local & global communities with the love of Jesus.
BVGCC is seeking a Facilities Maintenance/Set Up team member with a strong work ethic, good judgment, and the ability to work well on a team or independently. The ideal candidate will be service oriented, experienced in general maintenance, and committed to following through.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Basic electrical repair
- Wall repair
- Light replacement
- Basic carpentry
- Set up rooms as directed by supervisor and according to diagrams
- Move stacked chair carts; unstack/stack chairs and place them according to diagrams
- Move table carts; break down/set up tables and place them according to diagrams
- Communicate with team and access computer for jobs assigned
- Physical ability and aptitude to perform physical and maintenance skills to accomplish the duties required; and, as part of a normal workday, the following physical tasks might be needed: walking, bending, standing, reaching, climbing stairs, sitting, and lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to hear, understand and follow directions
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
- BVG church membership and personal relationship with Christ; model biblical priorities
- Exhibit professionalism, conscientious work ethic, and ability to work in a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility
- Adhere to and encompass the BVG employee qualities and characteristics defined by the Staff Handbook
Applications and Skills Surveys are available at the church office or can be downloaded from the BVG website. To apply, please bring 1) a completed employment application, and 2) a completed skills survey to the church office, Monday – Thursday. Hours: 9a.m. – Noon & 1-5p.m.
Screening for this position will begin immediately.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact Hrayr Santourian at (209) 577-1604 ext. 306.
All applicants may be subject to Live scan background check, credit check, and reference check.